Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Island Macaroni and Cheese!




Helllllo yumminess!!! This blog is fairly new, so you probably have not yet figured out my obsession with Mac and Cheese and all of the different ways it can be prepared. You will, though. You will... :)

This recipe was snagged from Global Table, and I must say that I'm quite happy to have run across it!! It's one of the best mac and cheese recipes I have yet to try.

When I prepared it, I went easy on the Cheyenne pepper. The next time I prepare it, I won't! We ended up dousing it with Louisiana Hot Sauce and occasionally topping with blue cheese to take it to a whole new level of delicious.

Do yourself a favor and MAKE THIS RECIPE!

Ingredients:

1 lb elbow macaroni
2 eggs
2 tbsp. butter
1 cup onion, minced
1/2 cup green pepper, minced
1 – 1 1/2 tsp cayenne (mild-hot)
1 lb grated cheddar cheese
1 12 oz can evaporated milk
1/2 tsp salt

optional [but not really]: HOT SAUCE AND BLUE CHEESE!

Method:

1 Boil elbow macaroni for about 5 minutes, or until al dente. Drain and return to pot.

2. Stir in cheddar, pepper, and onion.

3. In a small bowl or measuring cup stir together eggs, cayenne, evaporated milk, and salt. Pour over macaroni and stir to combine.

4. Pour into a greased lasagna pan, spreading evenly with spatula. Dot with butter.

5. Bake at 350F for 30-45 minutes. Let cool about 10 minutes and slice into squares. Serve hot.


ENJOY!

-Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment